Sunday, March 6, 2011

Skinny Bitch!


Hello sweets :):)

What a beautiful day in nice sunny Malta! I hope it stays like this as I am going out later on in the afternoon.. and hope it stays like this for the rest of the week!!

Recently, I have made some changes in my diet, a really positive change! Well, let’s say it’s more of a lifestyle change! Today, I am going to talk about this . .

By now you might be asking : What change did you do?  I became vegan, meaning , someone that does not consume any product coming from animals – meat, fish, milk, eggs. Besides being vegan, I am also finding out more on cruelty-free products, and also those that are not. That said, will try to buy things that are cruelty-free and boycott things that do animal testing.Follow cruelty-free Malta for more info ;)  :

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cruelty-Free-Malta/174719549237425



What made me/interested me in becoming vegan ?  
I follow Anna Saccone’s blog and youtube channel : (http://www.annasaccone.com and http://www.youtube.com/TheStyleDiet). She is such a nice girl and I love all her posts and videos about style, her life in Ireland, and recently, her wedding preparations update.
Well, she blogged about how she and her fiance’ changed their diet after reading the book skinny bitch (here is the post : http://www.annasaccone.com/2011/02/skinny-bitch-for-week.html ) , and so I thought I should give it a try and bought the book myself.

This is Anna, her fiance' and their adorable dogs :) :)   (pic from one of her laterst blog posts)

 So I bought  the book Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. (http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3287900/Skinny-Bitch/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=skinny+bitch&urlrefer=search )   I have also bought their recipe book : Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.



This is what’s written on the cover : A no-nonsense, tough –love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous!

This book’s got some bad words here and there, but it is really funny! I have already read this book twice, and am starting to read it again! Sad? Well, I can’t get enough of this book!! And everytime, I take more notes for myself.  
This opened my eyes on so many things about what we put in out body and what animals have to endure so that we can eat mean and so on.

Even Victoria B. read it! 


Here is how the book is divided :

Acknowledgments

Introduction

Chapter 1:    Give it up
Chapter 2:    Carbs: The Truth
Chapter 3:    Sugar is the devil
Chapter 4;    The dead, rotting, decomposing flesh diet
Chapter 5:    The dairy disaster
Chapter 6:    You are what you eat
Chapter 7:    The myths and lies about protein
Chapter 8:    Pooping
Chapter 9:    Have no faith ; governmental agencies don’t give a shit about your health
Chapter 10:  Don’t be a pussy
Chapter 11:  Let’s eat
Chapter 12:  FYI
Chapter 13:  Use your head

At the end, they put a list of books they recommend and also some sources they consulted for their book.

In this blog post, I am going to post the introduction from the book. In other posts, I will write a summary and important points from their book (starting from chapter 1).

Introduction:

Are  you sick and tired of being fat? Good. If you can’t take one more day of self-loathing, you’re ready to get skinny. You don’t need  a degree in biology to get skinny. You don’t need to starve yourself to get skinny. You don’t need to spend all day at the gym to get skinny. You just need to smarten up and use your head. Really. It’s that simple. We have been so brainwashed by fad diet, magazine articles, and advertisements that we have forgotten how to think for ourselves.
Skinny Bitch delivers the truth about food, So that you can make intelligent and educated decisions for yourself. This knowledge will empower you to become a skinny bitch.
This is not a diet. This is a way of life. A way to enjoy food. A way to feel healthy, clean, energized and pure. It’s time to reclaim your mind and body. It’s time to strut your skinny ass down the street like you’re in an episode of Charlie’s Angels with some really cool song playing in he background. It’s time to prance around in a thong like you rule the world. It’s time to get skinny.


So that was the introduction. I highly recommend anyone reading this now, to buy this book and read it cover to cover like I did (twice till now – lol). It will open your eyes, change your life and how you think about food!
I feel so much lighter and better, and also, I feel good about myself that I am not contributing to animals being killed for us to eat – when there are so many wonderful and health alternatives!! :
 
Dairy-free cheeses , ‘faux’ anything!! (burgers, fish fingers, sausages, chicken pieces etc), and others.  Will write about this and more in other posts.

Stay tuned, and don’t forget to follow Anna Saccone’s blog and subsribe to her vids !

Denise o.bo. The Fabulous Team xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment