Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nanokeratin System Brazilian treatment and straightening (part 1)

Good morning Fabulous readers!

About a month ago, my cousin won a voucher for a Brazilian straightening via a television competition, and since her hair is already straight and she was pregnant at that time (pregnant women can't have the treatment done on them), she decided to give it to me!

This is not the first time that I did this treatment, last time was about 5 months ago. This time, I decided to review it for you guys!





So anyway, first of all, you may ask how does this treatment work? How can it be a treatment that straightens at the same time?  
The name Nanokeratin stems from the term “nano-molecules of keratin”. A nano-molecule is 0.000000001 of the size of a regular molecule, thus allowing it to penetrate the smallest fissures in the person's hair and fill them with keratin (the substance that makes hair strong, shiny and soft). As a result of the process, hair becomes smooth, healthy and full of shine. 

Here's a vid with more info:


I had my appointment yesterday and I was ready in 2 hours. 

I had it done at Curls Hair studio (http://www.curlshairstudio.com/index.html) in Balzan. The salon is enormous! It kind of reminded me of a salon I went to in France - as you enter the salon, you can find a reception desk and behind that, everything else. There also have loads of hair products! They also have a stage-line make-up stand. There's also a beauty salon inside ! It's seriously big and really professional.

This is what my hair looked like before the treatment 

Anyway, back to the treatment, the hair dresser washes your hair with just shampoo and then applies the treatments as if you were having it coloured. Then you let it stand for about 40 minutes or so and then starts blow drying your hair without washing off the treatment. While blow drying your hair, lots of fumes start coming out of your hair! Then, she uses a hair straightener all over your hair. And TA-DA!  Super straight, soft and silky hair! Amazing!

This is what it looks like now
Now, for about 4 days or up to approximately 1 week, I have to leave my hair unwashed. I also can't tie it back up or do anything that might crease the hair. I have to basically leave my hair dry and as straight as possible for up to 1 week.
 After that, I have to wash my hair with a Nanokeratin shampoo and conditioner (love their smell!!) , which you may buy at the salon. If you use only them afterwards, the treatment may last for about 16 weeks.

Part 2 of this review will follow after I wash it off!! Stay tuned!

Denise o.b.o The Fabulous Team XOX




No comments:

Post a Comment