Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tried and Tested: Essence Cream Blushes Review and Swatches

Hi Guys!

Today I will be speaking to you about the essence Cream Blushes!!

I have also filmed a video for you which you can watch below:


I currently have the essence Souffle Touch blush in 020 Frozen Strawberry and 030 Cold Wildberry and I also have the essence Blush Sorbet in 01 Smoothie Operator which was part of the Fruity Limited Edition collection.

From Left: Fruity Blush Sorbet in 01 Smoothie Operator, 010 Frozen Strawberry, 020 Cold Wildberry

All three blushes come in a plastic container which contain 0.27 ounces/ 8 ml (souffle touch blushes) and 8.2 g/ 0.28 ounces (blush sorbet).

The consistency of theses blushes is what makes them different, the souffle touch blush is a more creamy texture, whilst the blush sorbet is a more liquidy texture. All blushes have a great long lasting factor, so much so that during the summer period, the blush is still visible after a day of wearing the blush, and that is saying a lot especially since I have oily skin.

The only thing I do not like about these blushes is the smell, the souffle touch blushes remind me of shaving cream and the blush sorbet has a really strong bubblegum smell, however, I do not exclude using them because of the smell.

Application may be a bit tricky at times however a small amount goes a long way and I always apply it with a brush to make application easier.

All in all these cream blushes are extremely good products especially if you are looking for a long lasting blush!

Below you will see Un-Blended and Blended swatches of the blushes in order to get an idea on how they look on the skin!
Un-Blended Blushes: From Top: Fruity Blush Sorbet in 01 Smoothie Operator, 010 Frozen Strawberry, 020 Cold Wildberry
Blended Blushes: From Top: Fruity Blush Sorbet in 01 Smoothie Operator, 010 Frozen Strawberry, 020 Cold Wildberry
What do you think of Cream Blushes?

Martina XOXO

o.b.o The Fabulous Team

2 comments:

  1. I have frozen strawberry... It's not bad, however I apply it with a blush brush, coz when I use my fingers it ends up peeling - not good...

    I still prefer powder blushes for their ease of use, but they're not a bad product... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I never had the problem of peeling, I usually go for a blush brush! Yes I agree with you with regards to ease of use but I tend to go for a cream blush most of the time

    ReplyDelete