Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Diet Diaries- Update 12- Let's Do This!

Hey Guys,

I hope you are all well!

Today's Diet Diaries is a bit different since I am writing this after getting to know what my weight is. Unfortunately it slipped my mind to write this part yesterday since I was finishing off some other posts!

If you haven't been following my journey, you may do some bed time reading here:
or if you would like just a refresh of my last update, visit here:

These past 2 weeks have been a little tough in the sense that seeing myself now and how good I feel about the way I look, I still forget that I have not reached my target weight, therefore, I hear myself saying, oh well a little bite won't do any harm, especially with food I am not supposed to eat.

I am also craving Pizza lately, something I haven't eaten since the beginning of the diet, this is because it is one of the 'stay away from' foods! Funnily enough, I always enjoyed pizza but it wasn't one of my favourite foods, in fact it was probably one of the things I didn't order that much.

At this point in time, I feel as though I have come to a turning point. At the moment, there are a lot of changes happening in my life, something which has been a long time coming but I have always taken a back seat on just coming out of the rut that was becoming my life. I feel that this weight loss, not only helped me feel better about myself, but gave me the courage and strength to start believing in myself and just lift myself up from my ear and shout, MAR TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!

At times, things get overwhelming, and yes, writing these posts and taking pictures can at times become a chore... but that being said, all the comments and messages I receive about these particular posts and how much I have been able to inspire people to just get off their behind and do something for their health really keeps me going.

Lately, my friends have started the same diet as me, I know one of them will probably kill me for saying this, but this person, has a habit of sticking to a diet and falling off the wagon. Knowing me on a deeper level than all of you guys, therefore, knowing that I am not a person that usually sticks to diets and just gives up... made this person reflect on oneself and is now on the same journey as me, something I am extremely proud of!

Enough of this rant, take a look at some pictures I took over these two weeks!

Getting innovative at work!
Sweet and sour pork with rice- yum!
Whilst everyone was eating their pizzas, I was eating a steak and veg
Meat was a huge part of my diet these two weeks. I just love those tomatoes with mozzarella my mum makes
This plate was actually breaded chicken but I got the restaurant to make an exception ;) and no I didn't eat all those chips
"Poor" Salad
My boyfriend the great cook, made this amazing stir fry!
What a surprise... more meat!
We went for Turkish and I took probably the tastiest Chicken breast ever!
So... have I lost weight these past 2 weeks?

Doesn't fit anymore ;)

Guess what I am technically 1 kg away from my target weight! However, there's a little twist. When I reach my target weight, there is the possibility, that I will be able to lose another few kgs, not much but probably my target weight will become 55 kgs. This is because, there is more leeway to play around and I am still not 100% happy with certain areas of my body.

Apart from that, Marika did a body scan for me and as I suspected, I need more exercise but on the whole. I am at a healthy weight and have a healthy body, something which I am extremely proud of.

I also wanted to share a thought I had after reflecting on my journey.

I know I have done this for the past 6 months, a long time I know but at the end of the day I have lost weight slowly and in a healthier way. I have learned how to eat and not feel too overwhelmed by food and over stuffed, something which in the long run will help me.

I hope you enjoyed this post and do seek me out if you need any tips!

Martina XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Well done Martina :) I think all that is left is to tone your body. Start with simple workouts and then increase the amount with time. At first I used to walk for only 30 mins, then I increased it to 50mins and now I walk and run for 45 minutes. Start slow and then when your body gets comfortable, keep pushing it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, yes I need to move it a bit ;) I want to re start yoga or pilates or ek, it really helped me get in balance!

      Delete
  2. well done mar!! looking gorgeous qalbi. exercises give you more tone and definition , something diet wont give you, unfortunately. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my darling!! yes irrid nibda ahhh xxx

      Delete
  3. wow wow wow ...just saw your picssss ilamiii eee veraaa nqasttt!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete