Today I am going to review the Real Techniques brushes which I bought when I went to England a few months ago!
I bought the Starter Set, Shading Brush, Stippling Brush and Blush Brush from Boots in the UK however you may buy these brushes online from a number of sites which you may view here.
I have been a fan of Pixiwoo for quite a while now, I absolutely love their tutorials and I think that they are absolutely talented! When Sam announced that she will be doing a brush collection, I was quite curious to try out her brushes! A lot of reviews were comparing them to Mac brushes however they are much cheaper. I have never used Mac Brushes so I cannot compare them.
What I like about these brushes is the colour coding on the brushes and that they can stand on their own. The purple brushes represent eye brushes and the pink brushes represent face brushes. Also, all brushes are black with a white tip, making it easier for clean up.
All the products come in a plastic box with a picture of Sam at the back and a description of all the brushes and what they are used for. Also, all brushes are cruelty-free therefore they are all made out of synthetic hair.
I have had these brushes for quite a while now and I have washed and re-washed them and they did not shed. What I like about these brushes is that after washing they all return to their original shape. They are extremely soft and feel wonderful on your face. The aluminium handle has really great grip although they are a bit thinner than normal brushes.
|Real Techniques Starter Set|
- Base Shadow Brush- "applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color"- I use this brush to highlight under the brow since it's shape is perfect to hit just under my brow and not go onto my eyeshaow. Since this brush is quite wide, it can be used for the lid quite easily,
- Deluxe Crease Brush- "soft, oversized design for effortless contouring"- Ok so I don't actually use this brush for the contour of my eyes since I've seen Sam and Nic use this brush for concealer purposes so I mainly use this for that and I can say it is by far the best concealer brush I have used since you can blend liquid and stick concealers quite easily and precisely with this brush. Due to its dome shape you can use it for many contouring purposes.,
- Accent Brush- "designer for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging"- This brush is one of my favourites since it is so tiny and does detailing work splendidly! ,
- Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush- "tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application"- This is probably the largest eyeliner brush I own, so you have to be very careful how to apply your eyeliner, however it's great to achieve a thicker line and ;
- Brow Brush- "distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows"- This brow brush is amazing, it really hits the brow in the right places!
|Real Techniques Shading Brush|
This brush is a really good brush for contouring and shading, it can also double as a blending brush, however I still can't understand why it is not as part of a set.
|Real Techniques Stippling Brush|
I use this brush for both tinted moisturizer and foundation since it really gives me a natural air brushed finish and I find my base always looks flawless thanks to this brush, if I had to suggest just one brush this is definitely the one I recommend!
"Contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high-definition results"
|Real Techniques Blush Brush|
This brush is great for both powder and cream blushes and hits the cheeks in all the right places, I love the shape of this brush. This brush stands on it's own and it's great for on the move application.
All in all these brushes are amazing, the only downfall is that they are a bit pricey and that they are a bit difficult to get your hands on, I remember I visited several boots outlets before I found them, however they are really worth it and I will be buying all the other brushes soon!
If you would like more information regarding these products visit the Real Techniques Facebook page and Website
Hope you enjoyed this review.
o.b.o The Fabulous Team
*Disclaimer*- I bought these products out of my own pocket and I am in no way affiliated with the company.
The above review is of my true and honest opinion.