Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Diet Diaries- Update 3- Let's Do This!

Hey Guys!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I have been doing this diet for 7 weeks! I have actually managed to stick to this diet for this long!!

These two weeks were a bit of a challenge for me since I was so busy... food preparation was a bit of a nag but I managed to get through these two weeks and only regret one day since I did not eat well, however, I did not eat any junk meh! 

This week I was really touched by a lovely message I received from a reader telling me that I inspired her to start this journey with me! I also sent the blog posts to Marika, who I am doing this diet with, who I would like to clarify that she is a health and fitness instructor and is currently doing a weight management masters with Chester UK.

My biggest challenge was probably inventing new things to do and spicing things up a little. I was quite impressed at how creative I can get with food!

I do feel a bit lighter but after the sort of let-down last week, if you don't remember visit here: http://allthingsfabulousblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/diet-diaries-update-2-lets-do-this.html, I was a bit let down that I only lost around 1 and a half kilos so I'm not going with any huge expectations tomorrow.

Funnily enough, many people I know who do this will probably weigh themselves at home just to see their progress, I on the other hand like to get weighed at my session and that's all!

For now I bid you adieu, however check out my food choices these 2 weeks! Don't forget to follow us on Instagram where you can see my daily choices: http://instagram.com/allthingsfab
I love me some Weetabix!
My 'kunjata's' (mum in-law) Barley <3
Getting creative- Chicken Pieces and Mozzarella
Pasta Day!
Weird Breakfast!
Veggie Meal
Another creative meal- Chicken Breast stuffed with Jocca
Cereal in my new ATF mug!
Lunch!
The best looking Parma Ham Salad I have ever seen!
Breakfast Sandwich!
Testing out a new flavour!
Omlette Murder anyone?
Fruit Salad Goodness!
Yummy Omlette and Tea <3
So... have I lost weight? See below to find out!

Seems I'm on the right track! I lost another 1.3 kgs and an inch/ half an inch in certain places!

This time I'm less disappointed than last time since I had a good chat with Marika. She assured me that I am doing very very well and that it is normal to lose a lot of weight in the beginning since you give your body a shock then it just goes into a routine. Apart from that since I suffer from Thyroid that does slow me down. She was also concerned with my dairy intake, it might be that I am taking too much dairy for my body, so we are going to try and reduce that to see if it helps.

Another factor which is probably not helping me is eating out, although I am moderating and taking the right things, it is a bit different when you eat at home rather than in a restaurant due to oils and flavorings which are used, so she gave me a little advice in order for me to see how this happens, she asked me to weigh myself on Friday Morning and then again on Monday Morning to see the difference the weekend does.

All in all, she told me this, at the end of the day, I am still loosing the weight not gaining it, also, she tole me that loosing it quickly might mean that I gain it back quickly, I am loosing it slowly and in a healthy way so it will be easier to keep it off! Then again, this is not a race so I can take all the time I need!

This time round I asked her to choose what I am going to eat everyday since when I was left free it was a hassle for me to stay thinking about what I'm going to eat so like this I can prepare from before and not rack my brains about what to eat, mind you lunch and dinner are still open to an extent, we'll see how that works!

See you in two weeks!

Martina XOXO

o.b.o The Fabulous Team

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great and well done on losing 5kgs that is a lot of fat :). I know you must be a little impatient at times but you know what makes me feel better is that in the end I am finally making a change in myself. But also that I have been overweight for a while and did nothing about it, so why should I suddenly expect it to go fast? once I am losing weight. Have patience and never give up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words SJ, really means alot! I have to try and be more patient hehe xxx

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work!!! You are doing great... You will be feeling soo good when you next go shopping and realise that clothes are fitting different. Set a goal that when you reach a certain amount that you get to treat yourself with a new dress ;)

    Good luck!

    Steph
    www.thinklovemakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph, really appreciate your lovely comments!! I actually do have a dress which I bought specifically for after I lose weight, it technically fit before but I had all my bumps showing so I said I'll wear it after I lose weight hehe. I do have a specific goal in mind but I'm a bit far off ;)

      Delete