Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tried & Tested- NYX Nail Polish in Algae Review + Swatches

Hey Guys!

I hope you are all doing well and looking forward to the weekend, I will be jet setting to London tomorrow!!

Today, I wanted to share with you a review of the NYX Nail Polish in Algae which I received from NYX a few weeks ago, you can check out my post on NYX here: 

NYX Nail Polish in Algae
The nail polish is a green nail polish which when seen in different lighting, turns a nice bluish green  (as you can see from the below picture).

The product comes in a sleek glass bottle with a silver cap and holds 12 ml/ 0.43 oz of product. The brush is an average size brush which makes application quite easy. The nail polish dried off quite quickly.

The consistency of the nail polish is not very watery, however it is not a thick consistency, therefore with one coat of polish you will be up and ready to go, however, I prefer to apply two coats to get the best out of the product, (both pictures have two coats of nail polish). I suggest that you shake the product quite well in order to get the best application possible out of the nail polish since the consistency may tend to get sheer.

I really like the way in which the polish dries, because although the polish is matt, it dries off with a gel like feel, something I am being drawn to lately. Unfortunately I do not know the price of this nail polish.

With regards to longevity, the nail polish started to chip at around 4 days of wear, however, after around a week of wear (photo taken after a week), the chipping didn't increase as much and I was able to pull it off, however, I did wear this nail polish for around 10 days and chipping was very noticeable after a few days.

NYX Nail Polish in Algae- After a week of wear
All in all, I loved this product, especially the colour and colour changes and finish.

Until next time.

Martina XOXO


*Disclaimer*- I have received the above product for free, however, I am in no way affiliated with the above company and was not paid to write this review. The above review is of my true and honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment