Friday, January 3, 2014

OOTD & FOTD- Going Gold for Gatsby featuring Lorraine!

Hey Guys,

Today's post is a bit different that my usual posts! Today I will be talking about a very special make up look I did! 

Meet Lorraine, my brother's girlfriend a.k.a my baby sister ;-)

In December, Lorraine graduated and off she went to the ball!

This year, the graduation ball had a theme which has been big this year (or last year since I'm writing this in 2014 ;-))... The Great Gatsby!

Our lovely Lorraine is not a fan of a lot of make up and my brother doesn't have a huge make up obsession unlike his sister! Therefore, I had to adapt a great make up look were Lorraine would look natural yet glamourous at the same time!!

Lo and behold the sultry gold and brown smoky eye look and a lovely deep red lip which achieved the brother seal of approval (WIN!)
y since l
For this look I decided to spice up the eyeliner by placing a black eyeliner in her waterline and using a gold liquid eyeliner on the lid. As you can see Lorraine wears glasses so I had to place the right amount of eyeshadow just a bit above her normal crease line in order to achieve that depth with or without glasses. Keep in mind to always add a white eyeshadow in order to increase the area between the eyelid and the brow especially with larger lens glasses such as Lorraine's. We finished off this look with the signature 1920s lip colour!


FOTD

Face
Catrice Prime and Fine Face Primer
Make Up Store Matt Foundation in Olive
Eva Garden Extreme Loose Powder 
itstyle Sun Powder
Make Up Store Blush in Fresh Rose
essence Limited edition Circus Circus Highlighter Powder in It's Magic
Mac Fix +

Eyes 
NYX Eye/ Eyebrow Pencil in Black
Make Up Store Microshadow in Bronze
Make Up Store Microshadow in Choco D'Or
Make Up Store Microshadow in White
Catrice Limited Edition in Coolibri in Precious Nectar
Jimont Eyepencil in Brown No.1
Maxfactor Wild Mega Volume Mascara

Lips
Revlon Colorstay in 342 Lavish Burgundy


I couldn't not share the fabulous dress Lorraine had on from Party 21! Tres Chic!

Hope you liked this post and for whoever didn't know, I am actually a professional Make Up Artist and I would love to provide my services for whoever is interested and who knows... you can get featured on my blog ;-)! For more information, you can email me on allthingsfabulousblog@gmail.com or contact me via private message on https://www.facebook.com/allthingsfabulousblog

Martina XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment